Land and Social Manager
Reports To: Project Manager
Employment Duration: Specific Task (construction Period)
Job Type: Full Time Employment
Working Days: Six days a week
Purpose and scope of assignment.
Land and Social Manager is responsible for all issues relating to social and land at the site.He/she Ensure continuous stakeholder engagement in relation to LMP throughout the project lifetime.
- Develop and ensure consistency of messaging at the local authority and community level – particularly of labor and employment issues, post the employment and recruitment notices in villages and engage in discussions within community members about job opportunities and how to apply.
- Assist Local Content and Compliance Manager in planning and implementing the Labor Management Plan ; in particular the preparation and delivery of local recruitment efforts with community members and government authorities, involved in the development and review of the job descriptions.
- Ensure continuous stakeholder engagement in relation to LMP throughout the project lifetime
- Grievance management ; overall responsibility for implementation of the grievance mechanism, recording and reporting to company all concerns and grievances.
- Supervise the production and distribution of appropriate disclosure materials, including alternative methods to communicate effectively with specific stakeholders (e.g., local communities) in coordination with the Communication team.
- Responsible for ensuring good relationships with stakeholders are developed and maintained, they are appropriately informed of Projects policies, operational activities, and other project activities.
- Manage the compliance assurance work activities.
- Provide relevant information to PM on emerging risks to Project image, staff and assets.
Job Qualification, Experience and Skills
- Post graduate qualification in a social science or related discipline required.
- A minimum of 3+ years’ experience.
- Experience of working on investor financed industrial projects and application of the compliance requirements required.
- Professional experience at an international level including in challenging social contexts required.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain good relations with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines.
- Proven team management skills.
- Negotiation, conflict management skills.
- Good Computer skills; report writing and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written English and Swahili required.
Send application to Human Resource Officer through email email@example.com before 17:00hrs EAST AFRICA TIME, on 15th December 2022
PLEASE NOTE, if you are not contacted within 2 weeks after this publication, consider your application unsuccessful.